Notice is hereby given to all mariners and other parties concerned that:
1. Reference: Letter from Mr. Virgilio C Castillo, Project Director PRMC1 (b) - UPMO dated 22 February 2018.
2. This pertains to the two (2) bridge projects – Binondo-Intramuros Bridge and Estrella-Pantaleon Bridge – that will be financed by the Government of the People’s Republic of China through bilateral cooperation to date, Geological and Geotechnical investigation is currently ongoing. The table below shows the schedule for offshore drilling (on the waterway) of boreholes:
|02/08/2018||02/26/2018||Drilling of eight (8) boreholes at Binondo – Intramuros bridge site – on Pasig River|
|02/27/2018||03/10/2018||Drilling of four (4) boreholes at Estrella-Pantaleon bridge site – on Pasig River|
|03/11/2018||04/10/2018||Drilling of twenty (20) boreholes at the viaduct structure site that will be connected to Binondo-Intramuros bridge – on Binondo estuary|
3. In the preparation for the same activity that will be conducted at Estrella-Pantaleon bridge site on February 27, 2018, below is the coordinates of which are near the piers of the existing Estrella-Pantaleon Bridge connecting the cities of Makati and Mandaluyong:
|14° 34’ 1.52” North||121° 2’ 15.14” East|
|14° 34’ 1.60” North||121° 2’ 15.56” East|
|14° 34’ 3.70” North||121° 2’ 15.10” East|
|14° 34’ 3.61” North||121° 2’ 14.67” East|
4. In this connection, all ships/watercrafts transiting the vicinity of the above mentioned areas are advised to take note of the information and take necessary precautionary measures at all times. Further, all ships/watercrafts are advised to slow down when transiting at the above mentioned areas.
5. The cooperation of all concerned in effecting widest dissemination of this information is requested.