PCG: The passengers onboard a missing pump boat in Southern Leyte were already identified by authorities as search operations continue for the seven persons.
Investigation conducted in Barangay San Roque revealed that the boat was carrying seven passengers, instead of the earlier reports of six.
The missing persons were identified as follows:
1. P/Senior Inspector Richard Castanares, 41 years old (Chief of Police, Limasawa Island)
2. Eusebio Petenio (boat operator) 30 years old
3. Lourdes Rogador, 46 years old
4. Claresa Malunas, 14 years old
5. Charlote Malunas, 15 years old
6. Joana Juanico, 14 years old
7. Edna Mae Cabanero, 15 years old
The pump boat reportedly departed Brgy. San Roque yesterday despite a prevailing storm warning signal due to Tropical Depression Seniang.
A search and rescue operations was launched by Coast Guard Station (CGS) Maasin along with the Special Operations Unit –Eastern Vizayas personnel.
They were later joined by rescue teams from PDRRMC, LGU and Limasawa PNP using three rubber boats.
The PCG Action Center has likewise alerted Coast Guard Aviation Group for possible air search while AFP Command Center has also been notified of the incident.