PCG: The personnel of Coast Guard Sub-Station (CGSS) Infanta in Pangasinan are still searching for the six fishermen of FB Nathaniel who are still missing up to this date.
Initial reports revealed that FB Nathaniel and another fishing boat, FB King Edgar, conducted fishing venture but was reported missing after it failed to return home as expected last September 23.
Accordingly, both vessels encountered big waves and heavy rains last September 17 at vicinity waters approximately 72 nautical miles west of Laoag City, Ilocos Norte but have managed to navigate and take shelter in Ilocos Sur.
FB King Edgar arrived at her home port at Barangay Poblacion in Dasol on September 23 with all 14 fishermen in good physical condition; FB Nathaniel, however, went missing.
The missing fishermen were identified as follows:
1. Marlon Gaban (boat captain), Barangay Cato, Infanta, Pangasinan
2. Jorly Marfil (crew), Barangay Bayambang, Infanta, Pangasinan
3. Roldan Josol (crew) , Barangay Bayambang, Infanta, Pangasinan
4. Totong Francisco (crew), Barangay Bayambang, Infanta, Pangasinan
5. ” Sandro” (crew), Barangay Cato, Infanta, Pangasinan
6. “Franting” (crew), Barangay Cato, Infanta, Pangasinan
Due to poor visibility in the area personnel of CGSS Infanta were not able to conduct search and rescue operation, instead, established contact to all fishing boats and coastal barangays and advised them to be on the look-out and render necessary assistance and to report immediately to the nearest Coast Guard units if sighted.
CGSS Infanta intends to conduct search and rescue operations if weather permits.