PCG: 13 crew members and two passengers of a capsized cargo vessel were successfully rescued by a passing fishing boat in Lubang Island, Mindoro last Saturday, 29 November.
Reports received by Coast Guard Station (CGS) Manila around 5PM from Capt. Gerry Lopera, skipper of fishing vessel Chris Paul Bill-111 revealed that 15 persons were saved from the capsized MV Q-Carrelyn.
Rescued victims were identified as follows:
1. Felix C Fatalla, 57 (captain of MV Q-Carrelyn)
2. Macianito Pentenio, 60 (Chief Engineer)
3. Dennis Rafol, 31 (Able Seaman)
4. Markin Yocte, 29 (Quartermaster)
5. Van Andro Forones, 22 (Quartermaster)
6. Nonilon Evangelist Tiamsim, 40 (Purser)
7. Diomedes Ysug, 40 (Boatswain)
8. Arturo Ysug, 39 (Oiler)
9. Jerry Acebedo, 33 (Oiler)
10. Allan Balaes, 27 (Oiler)
11. Richie Demore, 28 (Cook)
12. John Erick D Faeldog, 20 (Apprentice)
13. Rodel Pacura Dela Cruz, 33 (Apprentice)
14. June Ramos Ayapana, 30 (passenger)
15. Leonardo Ablog, 63 (passenger)
Capt. Lopera further reported that Ablog died due to cardiac arrest.
The personnel of CGS Manila coordinated with Coast Guard Medical Service to provide emergency medical assistance to the 14 survivors. Likewise Coast Guard Sub-Station (CGSS) Navotas coordinated with PNP for proper disposition of the casualty.
MV Q-Carrelyn, owned and operated by Quinalla Shipping Lines, reportedly departed Delpan, North Harbor, Manila last Saturday bound for Coron, Palawan when it encountered rough sea and subsequently capsized at the vicinity waters off Lubang Island, Mindoro.
MV Q-Carrelyn was skippered by Capt. Felix Vatalla when the incident happened.