PCG: 15 fishermen onboard f/bca “Camp Pinagpala” were caught in the act of illegal fishing at the vicinity waters off Barangay Nangalao, Linapacan, Palawan as the personnel of Coast Guard Sub-Station (CGSS) Linapacan, together with local PNP, conducted a maritime patrol at the said area on Tuesday, June 21.
Said fishing banca was owned by Mr. Israel Sanchez and skippered by Edwin S. Pondoc.
The fishermen will be charged for the violation of the following regulations:
• Section 2 (owner/ operator of apprehended fishing boat; and clearances)
• Section 4(Probition on the Intrusion of Commercial fishing vessel and launches to catch fish within 8.1 NM territorial waters of the Municipality of Linapacan;
• Section 5 (Prohibiting the transient fisherman to catch fish anywhere else within territorial waters of Linapacan, Palawan);
• Section 6 (Banning/Prohibiting the operation of compressor aided fishing method in the Municipal waters off Linapacan), and (owner or operator of a fishing vessel who knowingly allows the use of compressors by his fishing crews).
The team also issued IAR/COI for the following violations:
• (Municipal Ordinance Number 2007-031 article 8 section 2- owner/operator
• section 4- intrusion of commercial fishing vessel
• section 5- transient fishermen
• section 6- banning of compressor within municipal waters.
At around 4PM of the same date, the apprehended fishing boat and its crew were properly turned-over to Municipal Agriculturist Office (MAO) of said municipality with corresponding receipt and properly received by Ignacio Taop.
The boat was then released after paying their administrative fines amounting to P54,300 under official receipt number 6449449 DTD 21 June 2016 issued by Mario M Villa, Collecting Officer.