Notice is hereby given to all mariners and other parties concerned that:
1. Reference: Coast Guard District Central Visayas Radio Message Cite CGDCV D8-1216-001.
2. The proponent of Cebu-Cordova Link Expressway Link Project (CCLEP), Metro Pacific Tollways Development Corporation, intends to conduct Geotechnical Investigation across Mactan Channel for the main bridge (400M).
3. For the initial phase, three (3) boreholes will be conducted on December 05-30, 2016 at the vicinity off Shell Island and South road project with the following coordinates:
|No. 1||10˚17’ 15.7 “ North||123 deg 53’ 52” East|
|No. 2||10˚17’ 11.27 “ North||123 deg 53’ 56.8” East|
|No.2||10˚17’ 06.7 “ North||123 deg 54’ 0.15” East|
4. The Soil Boring process will require a stable jack-up pontoon to be able to carry out the Geotechnical Investigation work within the required specifications. In order not to interrupt ship navigation in the Channel the contractor will be required to perform traffic management and secure necessary work permits in accordance with the maritime requirement of Cebu Port Authority and Philippine Coast Guard and/or other agency.
5. In this connection, all ships/watercrafts transiting the above mentioned locations are advised to observe safe distance from the vessel and take necessary precautionary measures at all times.
6. The cooperation of all concerned in effecting the widest dissemination of this information is requested.