The Philippine Coast Guard (PCG) has celebrated its 120th anniversary at the National Headquarters, Port Area, Manila today, 15 October 2021.
Gracing the event was Department of Transportation - Philippines (DOTr) Secretary Art Tugade who led the recognition of commendable Coast Guard personnel and units, as well as partner agencies and organizations that helped the service in accomplishing its mandates in the past year.
The conferment of the following awards are attestations of the PCG’s commitment to protect and secure the maritime nation amid new challenges:
1) Coast Guard Station of the Year Class “A” — Coast Guard Station Central Cebu
2) Coast Guard Station of the Year Class “B” — Coast Guard Station Socsargen
3) Coast Guard Station of the Year Class “C” — Coast Guard Station Cavite
4) Coast Guard Sub-Station of the Year — Coast Guard Sub-Station Mandaue
5) PCG Non-Officer of the Year — CG SN1 Teofilo C Omilda
6) PCG Non-Uniformed Supervisor of the Year — Mrs. Rosalina A. Mata
7) PCG Non-Uniformed Personnel of the Year — Ms. Irene E. Carandang
8 ) Lighthouse Keeper of the Year — Lighthouse Keeper 1 Samuel A. Crespo
9) Coast Guard Small Craft of the Year — Diesel Fast-347 (DF-347)
10) 24-Meter Ship of the Year — BRP Malamawi (FPB-2403)
11) 30-Meter Vessel of the Year — DA-BFAR MCS-3006
12) 35-Meter Vessel of the Year — BRP Davao Del Norte (SARV-3504)
13) 44-Meter Ship of the Year — BRP Cabra (MRRV-4409)
14) 50-Meter Ship of the Year —BRP Francisco Dagohoy (MMOV-5002)
15) Best Auxiliary District of the Year — Coast Guard Auxiliary District NCR – Central Luzon
16) Best Auxiliary Squadron of the Year — 209th Auxiliary Squadron, Central Visayas
17) Best Auxiliary Officer of the Year — Auxiliary Rear Admiral Ronald Sebastian
18) Best Auxiliarist of the Year — Auxiliarist Maria Analyn T Delima
Moreover, plaques of recognition were given to CG Commander Dino B Garcia, BRP Bojeador (AE-46), and BRP Batangas (SARV-5605) for upholding PCG’s mandates amid the global pandemic.
Meanwhile, the following partner agencies and organizations were also recognized for their valuable contribution and full support to the PCG:
1) Taipei Economic and Cultural Office
2) Bureau of Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs, US Embassy - Manila
3) National Police College
4) Japan International Cooperation Agency – Philippines
5) Korea International Cooperation Agency
6) Joint United States Military Assistance Group – Philippines
7) Philippine Public Safety College
CONGRATULATIONS to all the awardees!
May this recognition inspire all of you to continue serving with humility and compassion, thereby transforming the PCG into an organization of patriotic, compassionate, and God-fearing public servants of the Republic of the Philippines.