1. The Philippine Coast Guard, through the General Appropriations Act for CY-2022 intends to apply the sum of Eleven Million One Hundred Forty-Three Thousand Three Hundred Thirty Pesos (Php11,143,330.00) being the ABC to payments under the contract for the Supply and Delivery of Double Deck Bunks and Mattresses. Bids received in excess of the ABC shall be automatically rejected at bid opening.
2. The Philippine Coast Guard now invites bids for the above Procurement Project. Delivery of the Goods is required within Forty-Five (45) Calendar Days upon receipt of Notice to Proceed (NTP) in accordance with Section VI (Schedule of Requirements) of this Bidding Documents. Bidders should have completed, within (3) years from the date of submission and receipt of bids, a contract similar to the Project. The description of an eligible bidder is contained in the Bidding Documents, particularly, in Section II.
3. Bidding will be conducted through open competitive bidding procedures using a non-discretionary “pass/fail” criterion as specified in the 2016 revised Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) of Republic Act (RA) No. 9184.
Bidding is restricted to Filipino citizens/sole proprietorships, partnerships, or organizations with at least sixty percent (60%) interest or outstanding capital stock belonging to citizens of the Philippines, and to citizens or organizations of a country the laws or regulations of which grant similar rights or privileges to Filipino citizens, pursuant to RA No. 5183.
4. Prospective Bidders may obtain further information from the Coast Guard Procurement Service and inspect the Bidding Documents at the address given below during 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
5. A complete set of Bidding Documents may be acquired by interested Bidders on April 27, 2022 to May 17, 2022 from the given address and website below and upon payment of the applicable fee for the Bidding Documents, pursuant to the latest Guidelines issued by the GPPB, in the amount of Seventy-Five Thousand Pesos (Php 75,000.00).
6. The Philippine Coast Guard will hold a Pre-Bid Conference on May 05, 2022 at 1:00 PM through video conferencing or webcasting using the Zoom platform with ZOOM ID: 717 723 7932 and Password: PCG-BAC which shall be open to prospective bidders.
7. Bids must be duly received by the BAC Secretariat through manual submission at the address below on or before May 17, 2022 at 1:00 PM. Late bids shall not be accepted.
8. All Bids must be accompanied by a bid security in any of the acceptable forms and in the amount stated in ITB Clause 14.
9. Bid opening shall be on May 17, 2022 at 1:00 PM at the given address below. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders’ representatives who choose to attend the activity.
10. Bidders shall bear all costs associated with the preparation and submission of their bids, and the Philippine Coast Guard will in no case, be responsible or liable for those costs, regardless of the conduct or outcome of the bidding process.
Bidders should note that the Philippine Coast Guard will accept bids only from those that have paid the applicable fee for the Bidding Documents.
The Philippine Coast Guard assumes no responsibility whatsoever to compensate or indemnify bidders for any expenses incurred in the preparation of their bids.
In accordance with Government Procurement Policy Board (GPPB) Circular 06-2005 - Tie-Breaking Method, the Bids and Awards Committee (BAC) shall use a non-discretionary and non-discriminatory measure based on sheer luck or chance, which is “DRAW LOTS,” in the event that two (2) or more bidders have been post-qualified and determined as the bidder having the Lowest Calculated Responsive Bid (LCRB) to determine the final bidder having the LCRB, based on the following procedures:
a) In alphabetical order, the bidders shall pick one rolled paper.
b) The lucky bidder who would pick the paper with a “CONGRATULATIONS” remark shall be declared as the final bidder having the LCRB and recommended for award of the contract.
11. The Philippine Coast Guard reserves the right to reject any and all bids, declare a failure of bidding, or not award the contract at any time prior to contract award in accordance with Sections 35.6 and 41 of the 2016 revised IRR of RA No. 9184, without thereby incurring any liability to the affected bidder or bidders.
12. For further information, please refer to:
Commander, Coast Guard Procurement Service
Coast Guard Procurement Service
Headquarters Philippine Coast Guard
139 25th Street, Port Area, South Harbor, Manila
Contact Number: 02 527-8481 loc 6281/ 6282
13. You may visit the following websites:
For downloading of Bidding Documents:
CG COMMO TITO ALVIN G ANDAL