The Philippine Coast Guard strives to make its Official Web Site accessible for all users, including people with disabilities. If you have any questions or comments about the accessibility of this site, feel free to email the webmaster.
1. Tab Key - use this key to navigate through the menu links sequentially. The currently focused link is highlighted with an underline. Press the Enter key to load the (uniform resource locator) url's page.
2. Alt + Left Key - use this to browse backwards through the history.
3. Alt + Right Key - use this to browse forward through the history.
1. To enlarge the page (zoom-in), press Ctrl++ Keys
2. To reduce the page (zoom-out) press Ctrl—Keys
Common keyboard shortcuts are applied here. However, here are the Access key assignments to help us navigate the site. Use the combined ALT + Access key + ENTER keys.
ACCESS KEY FUNCTION
Alt + 0 Accessibility Statement (this page)
Alt + 1 Goes back to Home Page
Alt + 2 Skip to main content
Alt + 5 Frequently Asked Questions
Alt + C Contact Information
Alt + M Site Map
Alt + S Search/Advanced Search
(Additional Keys will be provided)
General Web Site Layout
The newly redesigned web pages are consistent with its design and column positions all throughout the web site. It uses the 3-column format. The site is now a Content Management System site using Joomla. It also applied the latest trend which is called Responsive Web Design. It means that the site can be viewed in any screen size and resolution without creating a separate page.
The design specifications are:
1. The top most bar has the Home, Transparency Seal, Coast guard Districts, Email Log-In, Accessibility, Contact Us and Search box for easier access.
2. The next row was the Philippine Coast Guard masthead (PCG Logo, Republic of the Philippines and PCG Address).
3. The auxiliary bar has the News, Notice to Mariners, Memorandums, Bids and Awards Committee, Related Laws, Downloads and Gallery
4. The left column is composed of links pointing to the President website, DOTC website, Commandant, Philippine Coast Guard Profile and PCG Five Core Functions link.
5. The middle column is designed for Latest News.
6. The right column is composed of PST, Weather Update, Logo of ARTA, Downloadable Forms and Files.
7. The second bottom row is the Agency Footer consists of Site Map, Most Read, Notice to Mariners, PCG News and PCG Logo.
8. The bottom row is the Standard Footer consists of Republic of the Philippines, Resources, Executive, Legislative, Judiciary and Republic Seal.
Other Instructions and Features
1. All images have ALTERNATE text attributes. Decorative graphics appear on the CSS files.
3. The website passed the recommended color contrasts that are useful for those with poor vision.
4. The website also passed the Accessibility Validation of AChecker Online Tool of WebSavvy Web Accessibility Services.